Immigration Support Advocates is now hiring a part-time Advocacy Liaison. Help our national legal team connect community advocacy groups with resources that will help their immigrant clients.
We are a law firm that helps vulnerable green card holders transition to self-sufficiency. We do this by helping our clients recover financial support from their visa sponsors. Many of our clients are survivors of domestic abuse or other trauma. Our clients come from all walks of life and from many different countries. Learn more about our work at www.i-864.net.
The Advocacy Liaison is responsible for building relations with community partners whose clients could benefit from our work. Such partners include organizations addressing issues of domestic violence who serve immigrant communities. The Advocacy Liaison will serve as a primary point of contact to develop our partners’ understanding about their clients’ potential right to immigration financial support. The Liaison will coordinate trainings by our lawyers and maintain awareness by our partners. Work will be performed either in downtown Bellevue or remotely.
- Research/identify potential community partners in Washington State and beyond.
- Initiate contact with community partners to offer educational resources and training.
- Coordinate on-site or web-based by our lawyers.
- Develop and implement system for maintaining contact with community partners.
- Research/identify opportunities for publication in outlets relevant to our community partners.
- Experience in non-profit setting serving domestic abuse survivors (paid or volunteer).
- (Preferred) Experience in non-profit setting serving immigrant populations (paid or volunteer).
- (Strongly preferred) Bachelor’s or associate’s degree (completed or in progress).
- Demonstrated commitment to serving vulnerable populations, especially recent immigrants.
- Excellent professional comportment.
- Keen attention to detail and ability to follow detailed instructions.
- Excellent communication skills in person and by digital media.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office.
- Familiarity with Google products (gmail, voice, calendar, tasks).
- Proficiency with social media.
This position will begin at 8 hours per week, with an opportunity to expand hours based on demonstrated results.
Depends on experience.
How to apply.
Please complete this online form.