This month we are hosting a free webinar for domestic violence advocates and other allies serving our community. The training will be January 31, 2017 at noon Pacific Time - register here.
The presentation will help advocates identify which of their clients might be able to recover immigration financial support under the Form I-864, Affidavit of support. For further community resources please visit our advocate's resource page.
The talk will cover:
- What is the Form I-864, Affidavit of Support?
- When is the Form I-864 used?
- What are an immigrant's rights under the Form I-864?
- How long do these rights last?
- Under what circumstances can an immigrant recover support?
- How does an immigrant enforce the contract?
- How much money can an immigrant recover?
- How to identify clients who might have a support right.
- How to advise clients about enforcing their support rights.